Abstracts must be submitted in English. A “blind” selection process will be used. No identifying features such as names of hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or text of the abstract. Do not include the names of authors either. Their names and affiliations (institutions) will be registered separately when submitting the abstract online.
The material in the abstract must be original and not previously published.
No late submissions will be accepted.
The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Abbreviations must not be used in the title. The title should not be written entirely in capital letters (e.g. NOT LIKE THIS).
The size of the abstract is limited to 3,000 characters (this includes title, body of abstract, spaces, tables and graphics and pictures): The online system will automatically calculate the size (in characters) of the pictures.
The submission program will automatically calculate the size of your abstract and will not allow submissions that do not fit in the size requirements. Each section (Introduction & Objectives, Materials & Methods, Results, and Conclusions) should be inserted in the individually labelled boxes.
You can click on the relevant icons to insert tables, pictures or specific characters.
Structure your abstract using the following subheadings:
- Introduction & Objectives: A sentence describing the purpose of the study
- Materials & Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects precisely
- Results: Describe your results in a logical sequence
- Conclusions: Emphasise new and important aspects of the study and conclusions that are drawn from them
Check spelling and grammar carefully. Direct reproduction from your electronically submitted abstract text means that any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific data will be reproduced as submitted.
Failure to comply with the following requirements will lead to automatic rejection of the submission: Use generic names. The use of commercial drug names, brands and registered trademarks are strictly prohibited. Drugs should be referred to by the active substance or pharmacological designation.
No mention of pharmaceutical company names should be included in the abstract either.
The evaluation and scoring of the abstract (acceptance as poster or as oral communication, or rejection) will be made according to a number of criteria, including:
- Is the content interesting, informative, novel or important?
- Are the methods valid, the results relevant and the conclusions justified by the data?
- Are the data presented with clarity and with appropriate structure?
- Is the text written according to proper English grammar and syntactic style?
The authors should specify if they prefer their submission to be considered for:
- e-Poster presentation only
- Oral presentation only
- Indifferent (e-Poster and Oral presentation)
Please note that only abstracts from 5 topics (see the submission topic list) will be selected for possible oral presentations. The remaining topics will only have the possibility for e-Poster publication.